2022 DETROIT TIGERS REGULAR SEASON THREAD

chasfh

56 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

At this point I have to think they are doing something wrong with these pitchers, and it’s not just bad luck. 

Maybe too many hard breaking balls? Of course no-one in baseball management anywhere really wants to know. The Tigers generally don't want guys throwing more than 50% fastballs. But just a couple of high profile anecdotal cases, Max, a guy supposedly headed for arm trouble from the time he broke in, pretty much never throws more than 20% sliders. Justin Verlander never threw more than 22% sliders until 2019. The most sliders he threw was over 35% starting out 2021 and we know where that ended.

I mentioned this in the 08/09 game thread, but its time to put Cabrera on the IL.  Management needs to do the right thing and stock the roster with players that are capable, at least in terms of health and conditioning, of playing the game.

Its great that they called up Carpenter.  I'm not necessarily upset about Cameron being demoted.  But it seems odd to have to carry a player on the roster that is barely in enough shape to populate the batter's box 4 times a game.  As has been mentioned, his right knee is preventing him from getting any sort of drive into his swings.  He cannot run.  He cannot field.  The team is essentially going with 12 position players.  He is a detriment to the team.  He is obviously in pain right now.  He should be placed on the IL.

Grow a spine, send a message, get into basic conditioning for next season, or just send him on his way.

Edited by casimir

4 hours ago, casimir said:

I mentioned this in the 08/09 game thread, but its time to put Cabrera on the IL.  Management needs to do the right thing and stock the roster with players that are capable, at least in terms of health and conditioning, of playing the game.

Its great that they called up Carpenter.  I'm not necessarily upset about Cameron being demoted.  But it seems odd to have to carry a player on the roster that is barely in enough shape to populate the batter's box 4 times a game.  As has been mentioned, his right knee is preventing him from getting any sort of drive into his swings.  He cannot run.  He cannot field.  The team is essentially going with 12 position players.  He is a detriment to the team.  He is obviously in pain right now.  He should be placed on the IL.

Grow a spine, send a message, get into basic conditioning for next season, or just send him on his way.

I couldn’t agree more. Time for a heart to heart talk. He is only eroding his legacy. Take a bow and call it a day. All the handicap parking spaces are full. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Edman85 said:

Isn't Sportz involved in that account? I'm not surprised, if so, that he switches between different stats and cherry picks to make a point.

I don't think Sportz is involved with that account.  Anyway, I have noticed that whoever runs it is not especially knowledgeable about the game.  I think it might be a kid.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Final line 53 pitches, 39 strikes. 5 IP, 1H 0R 1BB 6K

maybe one more rehab start since he only threw 53?

From the official site:

LHP Eduardo Rodriguez (personal)

Expected return: Possibly week of Aug. 15

Rodriguez is scheduled to throw four innings or 70-75 pitches on Thursday in his first of two or three rehab starts for Triple-A Toledo. He tossed three innings of one-run ball on three hits with five strikeouts Saturday in a rehab start for Single-A Lakeland. (Last updated: Aug. 9)

Edited by Tigermojo

On 8/9/2022 at 5:27 PM, Tigerbomb13 said:

At this point I have to think they are doing something wrong with these pitchers, and it’s not just bad luck. 

there is one other possibility that would be very sad if true but the Tatis suspension can't help but surface it: If there is a newfangled 'designer' drug PED cocktail making the rounds in the league that has been so far undetected/undetectable, and Tiger pitchers have used it, tendon/ligament issues are always a possible side effect with that class of drug- especially if there might be 'designer' compounds in use that haven't been through rigorous clinical trials. No-one would want this to be true, but it would be naive to think it's not possible.

Edited by gehringer_2

19 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

That looks like he did leg it out...

Everyone knows Miggy don't run no 4.4 40 anymore, right?

More like a 12.4 40 once he gets up to top speed after a 20-step build-up to get his massive freight train of a body up to cruising speed...

At best.

Oh, I apologize, its perfectly acceptable to have a one legged DH.  Please proceed with the Cabrera slobberfest.