2023 NFL Draft Thread

Mr.TaterSalad

12 minutes ago, buddha said:

carter, anderson, or gonzalez.  i definitely do not think corner is out.

Don’t see Anderson making it to us, think they pass on Carter for all the baggage, and it’s such a deep draft at corner that I think they find one they really like after round 1. 

Edited by Hongbit

11 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I'm still all aboard the trading up for Anderson train.

It seems more likely with the signings.

Give up 6 and the two twos for like 3 and a fifth round.

Anderson

Guard

LB

With picks in first 100 and call it a day

3 minutes ago, KL2 said:

It seems more likely with the signings.

Give up 6 and the two twos for like 3 and a fifth round.

Anderson

Guard

LB

With picks in first 100 and call it a day

I'm not even sure it costs that much. Trade value chart would have 3 (2200) minus 6 (1600) needing us to makeup 600. Both 2s would have Arizona +170. 

#6, a 2023 2nd, and a 2024 3rd might get er done.

Just now, MichiganCardinal said:

I'm not even sure it costs that much. Trade value chart would have 3 (2200) minus 6 (1600) needing us to makeup 600. Both 2s would have Arizona +170. 

#6, a 2023 2nd, and a 2024 3rd might get er done.

I bet it would cost the twos especially cause other teams might be bidding to get ahead of the colts and Arizona knows what your going for. But it's also why I added that mid pick going back. Seems entirely reasonable and fair on both sides.

3 minutes ago, KL2 said:

I bet it would cost the twos especially cause other teams might be bidding to get ahead of the colts and Arizona knows what your going for. But it's also why I added that mid pick going back. Seems entirely reasonable and fair on both sides.

I wouldn't be upset if we gave up both 2s and went up for Anderson. I would be too happy about having Anderson and Hutch as the bookends on that defensive line for the foreseeable future that I'm not sure there is anything they could do to upset me the rest of the draft.

Anderson is my clear option A so if we can get him without giving up too much extra capital I would be perfectly ok with it and honestly if Holmes feels the same way as most of the online rankings and reports feel then I expect him to make a serious push to do just that. 

From day 1 even back to the start of the season Anderson was seen as the guy ahead of everybody else and it feels like much hasn't changed so if Holmes feels he's a tier to himself I don't expect him to just sit back and hope he falls. 

8 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I wouldn't be upset if we gave up both 2s and went up for Anderson. I would be too happy about having Anderson and Hutch as the bookends on that defensive line for the foreseeable future that I'm not sure there is anything they could do to upset me the rest of the draft.

Anderson is not that caliber, need or fit. This draft is noteworthy for it's depth, but it's not very strong at the top. If he falls great, but otherwise there are too many holes and too many players with similar rankings.

Its just one rankings but Scouts inc has Anderson at 95, Wilson at 94 and Gonzalez at 93 among defenders. 

That's only a 1 pt difference but I think the 1 pt jump is more pronounced the higher you get up the scale so I don't think it's unreasonable to think Anderson is in a slight tier above. May not be enough to give up too much for though.

Btw for reference last year they had Hutch as the highest graded guy at 94 with Sauce 2nd at 93.

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

Yeah I think the Lions will be a hard pass. He has Nick Fairly written all over him. 

Yep, I know when you're that size sometimes your weight can fluctuate my 9lbs in any given day but considering this is something you should be busting your ass to get in shape for and it's still not enough motivation for you to at the very least maintain weight then that is a major red flag for me. 

That's what was also concerning about the racing thing, there were already reports of him having character issues so the thought of you losing millions of dollars and dropping in the draft would be enough motivation to keep your nose clean but nope it wasn't.

What's gonna happen when he gets handed a ton of guaranteed money? 

If I was told I needed to lock myself in a house and just answer the phone and stay in shape for four months, in exchange for a 4+ year contract worth multi-millions.... I would have gotten it done when I was 10 years old, 14, 16, 19, or 21. After the character flaws report came out, that's literally all Carter needed to do.

36 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Yeah I think the Lions will be a hard pass. He has Nick Fairly written all over him. 

I've felt since the drag racing story broke that he was off their draft board. This only adds to that thought. Maybe if he's there at 6 they can get someone to trade up for him, but I don't think Carter will end up a Lion.

17 hours ago, buddha said:

jalen carter, will anderson, christian gonzalez.

or bust.

No thank you. Didn't want to draft one of these corners at 6 before free agency and definitely not now.

For me, it's either one of the top 2 defensive guys, Wilson or maybe even Kancey who has an intriguing skillset, continue to build a killer line. I just don't think any of these corners are standouts and the class is so deep at corner that they can get a quality one later in the draft perhaps with one of the 2nds.

Edited by NYLion

41 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Fluccuating by 9 pounds is not out of the ordinary for someone who weighs over 300 pounds, but this guy is auditioning to be a professional athlete. To gain 9 pounds in a couple weeks and then don't run a 40 is a huge red flag when your work ethic was already being questioned. 

Definitely not a good sign. 

I don't think they will take Anderson, they just drafted 2 DE's in the first and second round in last years draft. Plus they just resigned Cominsky and have Houston at edge.  Unless there is just too wide of a gap between Anderson and the next player on their board, and they can't trade back.

Now with Carter probably off the board it looks a CB at 6 if they stay there.

5 minutes ago, Stanley70 said:

I don't think they will take Anderson, they just drafted 2 DE's in the first and second round in last years draft. Plus they just resigned Cominsky and have Houston at edge.  Unless there is just too wide of a gap between Anderson and the next player on their board, and they can't trade back.

Now with Carter probably off the board it looks a CB at 6 if they stay there.

I don't think Holmes will pass on talent over position of need.  He doubled up on the DL in back to back picks 2 years ago.  If he has Anderson graded highest on his board, he'll take him - regardless of what he picked last year.  Add the fact that he has resigned Buggs, Cominsky, & has McNeil still up front - Another edge rusher to book-end & add to the depth would be a game-changer.

Add me to the list of people who think Carter now has to be off the board. If you cannot even manage your weight and perform basic workouts, you cannot be drafted in the top 5-10 picks.

Gonzalez is probably the guy. Sutton gives you an #1 for the next few seasons, and while Okudah and Moseley will compete for #2, neither of them can be wholly relied on even this season and certainly not next. 

I weigh 310 lbs at 6-5"...for me to gain 9 lbs in such a brief window I would have to literally sit on my ass and do nothing but eat shitty food.   There's already significant red flags re his character...you would think that he would make sure he's on point physically.

This concerns me more than the driving thing because it suggests he's not taking this seriously.  Why would anyone think he'll suddenly wise up?

Just now, Shinzaki said:

I weigh 310 lbs at 6-5"...for me to gain 9 lbs in such a brief window I would have to literally sit on my ass and do nothing but eat shitty food.   There's already significant red flags re his character...you would think that he would make sure he's on point physically.

This concerns me more than the driving thing because it suggests he's not taking this seriously.  Why would anyone think he'll suddenly wise up?

Yes, it is one thing to get sucked into racing when it appears the whole team is doing it. It is another thing altogether to blow off prep for the job interview when a $35 million offer is at stake.